45 things you can do to relax
Summer’s still far away and with a new year came new tasks and projects, so it’s only natural to feel a little stressed. Therefore, you need to use your free time to calm down, practise some self care and enjoy life. Here’s a list of 45 things you can do to relax!
A good environment sets the mood
- Clean and organise, nothing is as stressful as a cluttered home!
- Divide your home into work spaces and relax places
- Create a corner for you alone, even if it’s just a corner of the couch
- Place blankets and pillows to get cosy easily
- Light some (soy) candles
- Try some essential oils
- Play some relaxing music (classical or jazz for instance)
Hobbies can guide your mind away from stressful things
- Read a good book
- Do a course in pottery
- Write a book or poems (or a blog of course)
- Go gaming, from the Sims to Mario Kart to Grand Theft Auto
- Bake or cook something delicious – banana bread is always a good idea!
- Knit yourself a nice blanket or a scarf
- Zumba classes
- Or just plain old Netflix
Or you can deal with the stress
- Write a journal page about what’s bothering you
- Have a scream session in your pillow
- Go boxing
- Scour Google for creative solutions to your problems
- Meditate – you can start here!
- Find yourself a life coach
- Learn how to be more mindful
- Make a planning to prevent these situations in the future
Take care of your body
- Give yourself a warm foot bath
- Or a hot normal bath or shower
- Steam your pores with a hot towel
- Face masking time (the skincare ones, not the virus protection)!
- Get a warm water bottle for your back
- Ask someone to give you a back massage
- Give yourself a face massage
- Make yourself a cup of hot tea or cocoa
- Mani – pedi’s
Or go for the big guns
- Plan a holiday or weekend trip, even if it’s just you and your boyfriend in a countryside cottage
- Book a day at a spa
- Get your eyebrows waxed
- Act like it’s already summer with a trip to a tanning bed
- Get a haircut with everything included
- Go to the zoo
- Or a cat cafe and go cuddle!
- Take a walk on the beach or in a forest
I hope you liked this list and I’d love to know more about what relaxes you! If you want more content like this, please subscribe and get my free e-book that’ll take all your financial worries away! You can also find me on Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter, so you’ll never have to miss a new post.
Lots of love,
LisaHome » Mind »